HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
The “BIG CYMBAL Raffle” ENDS January 20th!
Please consider a generous purchase of these tickets to support our Incline Public Schools music programs, or help your student to sell tickets to family and friends. *Be sure your student turns in their raffle sales envelope during the week of January 16th.
To purchase CYMBAL Raffle tickets online and view our prize list:
Congratulations to our High School Music Teacher Todd Holway and his wife Joni, the proud parents of newborn Payton, born December 13th, 8lbs 3 oz.!!
AUDITONS THIS WEEK!!
Incline High School and Middle School students are invited to audition for “Cinderella” to be performed at IHS this spring!
Auditions will be run by Sara Turner, the director of Great Futures Productions, this Wednesday, January 11 from 1:30-4 in the Little Theater at Incline High School. The audition process will be non-competitive, interactive and FUN! The goal will be to get students comfortable on stage, reveal the great talents of Incline kids, and put together the best show possible. There will be singing and non-singing parts available, as well as opportunities for tech and backstage support. The show is scheduled for April 28 and 29, 2017.
The 35th Annual IHS Crab & Pasta Feed takes place Saturday Feb.11th at 5:30pm. To purchase tickets please contact Tracy Cohn at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.inclinecrabfeed.com
Musical Happenings at IES:
February 9, 10, 13 1st Grade in-class Performances
Dates, times and more information will come home with your 1st grade student.
Musical Happenings at IMS:
February 15th WCSD Honor Band Concert at 6:30pm at Pioneer Ctr. Reno
June 1 IMS June Concert is at 7pm (6:30pm reception & students report)
IMS parents please note:
• 7th & 8th grade students will not attend Music in the Parks in 2017. Another activity may be planned.
• All Incline Middle School students are encouraged to maintain a yearly Smart Music Student Subscription.
Musical Happenings at IHS:
January 11th Cinderella Auditions for IHS & IMS Students,1:30-4pm
January 10th PEP BAND for Basketball Game at IHS
January 28th PEP BAND for Basketball Game at IHS
January 28th FOLSOM JAZZ FESTIVAL
February 11th IHS CRAB FEED FUNDRAISER – Jazz Band
February 15th WCSD HONOR BAND Performance at Pioneer Center
March 7 WCSD Band Festival - Concert Band
March 24-25 Incline Star Follies
April 22nd WCSD JAZZ FESTIVAL – Jazz Band
April 28th RENO JAZZ FESTIVAL
April 28-29 “Cinderella” at IHS Theatre
• The first local chapter of the National Music Association’s National Honor Society for Musicians is coming soon to IHS! Check with Mr. Holway for more details!
• Several Guitars are for SALE!!! If anyone is interested in purchasing a used guitar at rock bottom prices to benefit CYMBAL, please contact Todd Holway for details: email@example.com
Community Music Events:
• January 10th Tahoe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus Presents “Brrroque Masters” St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, 7pm. Under 19 FREE! http://toccatatahoe.org
• Sunday February 19th Virtuoso Elizabeth Pitcairn in concert with TOCCATA at the Hyatt Lakeside Ballroom. Under 19 free with accompanying parent: http://toccatatahoe.org
• Contact Incline Village Parks and Recreation for more information on youth chorus opportunities at: 775-832-1310
• New music school, “Village Music” coming soon to Incline Village, grand opening Feb. 1. Details coming soon!
What CYMBAL has accomplished this school year:
• CYMBAL brought TOCCATA’s guest artist, Violin Virtuoso Elizabeth Pitcairn and the Red Mendelssohn Stradivarius to perform for students of IES on September 6th.
• CYMBAL provided transportation and tickets for 240 Incline Elementary School Students to attend the Reno Philharmonic performance for schools in September
• CYMBAL provided piano tuning for school pianos
• CYMBAL has provided the fees for the IMS Smart Music Teacher Subscription Renewal.
• CYMBAL approved payment of transportation and festival fees for the upcoming Sacramento State Winter Jazz Festival & upcoming Folsom Jazz Festival.
• CYMBAL has purchased of an Ibanez electric bass guitar, a Yamaha acoustic guitar, and new sheet music for IHS.
• CYMBAL has paid fees toward establishing the first local chapter of the National Music Association’s National Honor Society for Musicians. More details coming soon!
Thank you for your support of CYMBAL and music programs in Incline Schools!